Learn how to make your own natural skin care lotions using quality ingredients! If you’re tired of using irritating lotions made with harsh chemicals, or if you’re simply looking to learn a new skill, you’ll love this class.
This class will introduce you to the methods of making emulsions, provide an overview of the various ingredients used to make them.
This class will cover:
• The differences between lotions and creams
• How to mix water and oils for a stable emulsion
• The necessity of using preservatives in water-based products
• Overview of oils and butters and how they affect the skin
• Overview of ingredients like humectants, emollients, and thickeners
• How to scent and color your products
• Recipes to get you started
• Step-by-step instructions on making both lotion & cream using provided recipes