If you’ve ever been intimidated by the thought of making your own soap, this class is for you! You’ll learn how simple and fun soap making can be when you make your very own soap using the hot process method.
This class will teach you:
• How to use lye calculators and learn how to make your recipes
• Safety measures for using sodium hydroxide (lye) and how to store it
• How to work with oils and butters
• How to scent your soaps
• How to use color
• How to use herbs
• Where to purchase all supplies to make soaps
• What molds you can put soap in and how to wrap your molds
• How to cut your soap and curing the soap
You’ll also learn a series of helpful tips in making soap using the hot process method.
At the end of this class, each student will take home handmade soap.
How To Prepare:
Please dress for mess (bring an apron) and remember to bring a plastic bag to transport the finished products you’ll be taking home.
Bring an old towel to insulate your soaps.
Please note: Safety equipment is mandatory and will be supplied while making